Peeling interiors
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I have used Kraft Maid cabinets for 5 projects. While I have had misc issues, four of those have been okay. The fifth, a kitchen done in the 1990s has been a constant problem with the interiors peeling away. Kraft Maid’s excuse back then was a change in the glue that act to bind that interior film to the wood. Reference was to esquires changes due to environmental rules, but I have no idea if that was true. They replaced a few doors that had bad finish and replaced two cabinets, but the problem persisted and was reported to the regularly. Nothing was done. I recently reminded them that this continued and was only getting worse and happening on most all of the cabinets. Despite the reports of the problems throughout the years and their current lifetime warranty, they denied all requests to address these clear product failures as the warranty at the time of purchase was five years. I think that this is an example of a company that is not standing behind their product that was reported to them well within the period of time and as I now have to order cabinets for two new homes I am having built, I would never again consider using Kraft Maid as I view their approach as less than honorable. I wish that I could add photos here as any buyer of cabinets would look at this and have the same reaction. This is just not the quality that I always experienced with a Kraft Maid product and certainly not the kind of customer service that gives me the feeling of an honorable company. Maybe this is the impact of the company now being owned by private equity firms more concerned with current profits than their legacy and the trust that customers can have in their products. I guess it is a sign of the times. Character counts in my decisions about the companies I choose to deal with.

As I read the reviews on this site I realize that leadership just seems not to care. That is a bad sign of a company and getting to people in leadership is almost impossible.

Caveat emptor
G
Was this review helpful to you? 20 1

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.