Source of Cabinets Could Be the Problem
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Built a big house in 2012 with Kraftmaid cabinets. Developed a problem with the finish (polyurethane?) peeling and chipping on the top or bottom edges of certain cabinets. Took me a while but I finally figure out it was because the dishwasher vent was blowing hot steam onto those particular cabinets from the side vent. Never get a dishwasher with a side vent. Kraftmaid has been very cooperative in addressing this problem.

If you’ve had problems with cabinets from a big box store there’s your problem. Whether it’s a faucet, a grill, cabinets, lighting, whatever, it’s important to understand that manufacturers manufacture products for big box stores in a much lower quality. The items aren’t cheaper at Lowes or Home Depot just because they buy in volume; they’re cheaper because they’re made more cheaply by intention. For example, the inside of a faucet won’t be brass like the identical one at a plumbing supply store, it will be plastic. It looks the same at both places but it’s not. The reason a legitimate cabinet store is more money is because the product is well made; you get what you pay for. Years ago I had a kitchen faucet from a big box store that required a plumber so many times that he finally refused to come to my house until I bought a good faucet at a plumbing supply store. If anyone is reading this who is considering buying from a big box store I strongly urge you to reconsider and go to a local kitchen store. I don’t have any connection to kitchen stores!
C
Was this review helpful to you? 21 7

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.