Open Letter
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Open letter to Brad Carlsen (BC Ketchum, ) and Broc Higgins (Mountain West Marketing, representing DuraSupreme)

I’m certain that there are many happy Dura Supreme customers. However, our project didn’t go smoothly at all. The project was scoped for 2 months and is now going on two years. Brad Carlsen, the installer, fit us between his out of state projects and powder ski days. His communication skills are sub par at best, and it shows in the results. Broc, the rep at Mountain West Marketing, which represents Dura Supreme in the Sun Valley, Idaho area, had a few strong moments and tried to make up for what Brad had not delivered. But when I pressed him to have two doors installed and all drawers and doors adjusted before Christmas, tasks to which he had agreed, he responded: “This is my last communication with you. If you continue to call, text or email, I will block you!“

My conclusion: When I order Ikea, at least I know what to expect.

The following items need to be addressed:

Most drawers and cabinet doors need to be properly adjusted. Most of them look “drunk”. They need to be properly adjusted at not cost.
The approximately 5 foot tall door above the microwave needs to be replaced. The door that was installed was 1 inch too tall as the microwave dimensions were not properly accounted for, and had to be cut. (Note: The microwave was on site prior to the kitchen install for proper templating). The door needs to be replaced and installed at no cost.
The siding covering the tall fridge/freezer is not plum; it is off by about 1 1/2 inches over the height. This needs to be addressed at no cost.
The opening for the stove is between 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch too narrow. When installing the stove we had to wedge it in and push the cabinetry over. This resulted in 3 hours of extra labor. When trying to replace it to install an in floor air system it added 3-5 hours to the project. (Note: The stove was on site prior to the kitchen install for proper templating). The opening needs to be modified at no cost.
A cabinet glass door was installed with deep, 2 inch long scratches, which were simply touched up with white paint. This door needs to be replaced and installed at no cost.
The corner door for the lazy sue sits on 90 degree hinges, which looks more like a bandaid than proper engineering. While it works, this configuration is certainly not a finished, sellable product. The hinges need to be replaced with 110 degree hinges at no cost.
At this point I’ve had about $1,000 in extra cost to contractors due to the faulty install, for which I still need to be compensated.
I’m also asking for a symbolic $1,000 for my time to deal with the extra twists and turns, and lack of professionalism along the way.

I will update this post as Broc and Brad make progress with their tasks. I also might add tasks as some defects, such as the deep scratches on the door, were very well hidden.

This letter was also sent directly to Tony Sugalski, CEO of Dura Supreme Cabinetry, and Robert Andersen, VP Sales at Dura Supreme Cabinetry.
A
Was this review helpful to you? 23 4

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.