Violently Collapse of Cabinets
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Unbelievably Poor Workmanship on nearly a million dollar home cabinetry in Cary, N.C. We bought our K. Hovnanian custom home 5 years ago in the Regency Park sub division in Cary, N.C.. It was actually the model home with an award winning gourmet kitchen. Little did we know it was all cosmetics. Up until a couple nights ago on December 5th, 2020, we have been pretty satisfied with our purchase and cabinets. But around 2:30 a.m. that morning, we were awakened by a loud crashing sound that set off the alarm and glass break. We were in a panic thinking someone broke into our home. What we discovered were all the laundry room cabinetry had collapse from the wall and fallen to the floor. Leaving the backing on the wall. The cabinets were anchored on the side but all the glue had deteriorated. All the cabinets were broken into pieces. This could have killed our dog who was in the laundry room getting water at the time. We contacted Lennar builders who assumed no responsibility for K. Hovnanian warranties. They immediately said their agreement with K.Hovnanian was only for an year and began the blame game. They referred me to K.Hov who gave their spill that I should contact the manufacturer of the cabinets - basically said too bad so sad. I hired a licensed contractor to examine the cabinets and he reach the same conclusion that the cause if poor workmanship. I am very disappointed that neither Aristokraft, K.Hovnanian nor Lennar Builders would take responsibility and do the right thing by having the cabinets replaced. This is totally unacceptable and I would never recommend these builders or Aristokraft to anyone. I will share the pictures and tell the story to everyone that will listen.

What an horrible and dangerous experience.
H
Was this review helpful to you? 31 4

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.