Hoping for the best
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We ordered all new Kraftmaid cabinets for our kitchen, taking Lowes Labor Day sale which included finish upgrades at no additional cost. We chose a door made of maple, with a midnight finish and glaze. Lowes did not have a sample door so we paid to order one. It looked fine. Kraftmaid gave us a delivery date of Oct 20. The kraftmaid truck came on schedule, however the delivery men told us that 4 doors were backordered. We called Lowes and Kraftmaid inquiring when we would receive the four doors, as we wanted to schedule the install. We were told Nov 3, via UPS, since there was only 4. A kraftmaid truck showed, but with 10 doors and a slip that said 2 were still back ordered. We had them stacked in our attached garage with the others. Called both again to be told that no one knows when the 2 backordered would be sent. The Lowes installer came to put in the cabinet bases and door for what we had. We noticed so many of the doors and frames had white streaks, missing small amounts of midnight paint. We also received two of the doors without glaze and many of the others had it glopped on in parts. Most of the mitered corners had white lines showing and some had rough edges that were painted over leaving sharp drips of paint on them. Lowes was great to work with, and contacted a rep on our behalf to address our multiple concerns. Randy came out today, Nov 16, along with the Lowes sales person. The lighting is not the greatest, some of our fixtures had not yet been installed, and given the ceiling light & windows were all we had to see with, I gave him a bright flashlight. He told me that I would never be happy with my cabinets if I was going over them with a flashlight. He also told me that all of the white marks are just the maple wood showing through. Maple is not white. He insisted it was and took note of the drawer fronts and cabinet doors that he would be reordering. He then told me in front of the Lowes sales person, that I would't be happy with the replacements since I had unrealistic expectancies. I explained that 12 years ago, in our previous home, Lowes had Kraftmaid cabinets installed for us using two different paints, top and bottom, and we had zero quality issues, which was why we chose them again. Randy from Kraftmaid was rude and insulting and told the Lowes rep that based on my expectations, they should have sent us to another vendor. I am shocked at his attitude and so was the Lowes sales rep. According to the Kraftmaid website, the process for paint gives the sanded and cleaned doors multiple coats of paint, baked on, and finished with a Durable coating on top of that. Randy also told me if my cabinets get wet, the paint will peel, and this is the only time they would come out to address any issues. The employee from Kraftmaid that he will send out to 'touch up' many parts of the doors, is very busy and won't be out until December, and could not explain why the other two missing doors won't be coming anytime soon. I scrapped a bit of the sample door off, and it does not show white underneath. I have no idea why the doors are so poor in quality and I wish that I HAD gone with some other cabinet company this time around. So very disappointed.

A
Was this review helpful to you? 17 0

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.