Review Detail

Kitchen Cabinets
Terrible customer service! NEVER BUY CARDELL!
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I mosied into my local Menards because it was finally time to redo my kitchen! Exciting! I met with a consultant and contracted with Cardell Cabinetry on 1/17/20 for the cabinetry part of the remodel. There’s always some lag time with custom anything so that was no issue. I expected that.

I received my cabinets on 3/3/20 and that’s where it all started to go downhill. One of the cabinets was missing a chunk and another was built wrong. I don’t know what happened to the missing chunk nor do I care at this point. The cabinet built wrong... just what the actual? How do you not know how the cabinets for particular orders are supposed to be configured and built? Ok. I got this. No big deal. I’ll just call Cardell and get these cabinets replaced. They said oops and that they would have my cabinet replacements in 7-10 days. March was coming to a close and in 2020 we all know what that means! Luckily, my cabinets were constructed and ready to be delivered. Right? Wrong. I called on March 25th, hey guys where’s my cabinets? It’s been most of a month and you said I’d have them way before this date. Oh? Coronavirus? You don’t say. Uh huh. I hear ya. I guess I kinda thought you’d have my cabinets done well before this situation became dire seeing as how you said 7-10 days from March 3, which according to my calendar was a couple weeks ago? No? Ok I see. When will they be ready? Mumble mumble. Ok well do the best you can. I really need those cabinets.

So, the big day finally arrives! I’m permanently ticked at them and that’s just not going to get any better with how the rest of this ordeal unfolds. Mind you this is more than 4 weeks after they were promised to be redelivered. Of course, I have to work. As a respiratory therapist, you might imagine, I’m a little busy lately, myself. No big deal. My mom was happy to head over to my house to receive the delivery.

The delivery driver shows up early, plunks the cabinets on my porch and says he can’t bring them in because of... you guessed it... covid-19. That meant my 70 year old mom ended up lugging them into the house. My. 70. Year. Old. Mom. Ok, granted my mom didn’t have to lug them in! She could have waited for me to get home, but when has anyone’s mom ever waited for her kids (even grown ones) to get home to do something they could just get out of the way quickly. Still not cool of their delivery people to do that nor to tell me that that was going to be the case when they called to schedule the delivery, finally!

On top of all that? Now one of the cabinets is a totally different color than the rest. Not even close. Not a make the best of it because it’s close enough. Nope. Wrong. Just wrong. I probably won’t even get the replacement for this one until sometime in 2021 at this rate. I totally get that mishaps happen. I get that the world is a bit sideways right now. This is not how you run a business. It just isn’t. In case it wasn’t clear, I highly discourage anyone from using Cardell Cabinetry. You’d be better off taking up cabinetry making as a hobby. You sure couldn’t do worse than they did.
J
Was this review helpful to you? 16 8

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.