After 7 Years....
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Well, I was looking for a couple doors to match our KraftMaid kitchen cabinets (for a uh, leftover (defective) cabinet and found this review site, so I thought I would post a review... after owning them for 7 years running.

First the good... we don't really have problem with the quality and finish of the cabinets and the functionality of the hardware (hinges and slides). They are holding up well except for where doors bump other doors or cabinets due to overlap. Can't avoid that other than trying to be careful when opening them. Overall, they have held up well.

The worse part of the process was at the beginning when we received our cabinets. I reckon we had to get about 9 door or drawer faces replaced, as well as the entire trash cabinet AND the huge double oven cabinet, all due to blemishes or just not looking right. It was not fun going through that process. I think we ended up maxing out on our allowance of replacements. Reason I gave 7 stars for Quality is because of the bad items we received but we've been happy overall with the quality.

Fortunately, our contractor brought in a good cabinetry guy for the installation and finishing so what we did end up with, has look pretty good, in my opinion.

I surmise it's hard to make every cabinet and door or drawer face perfect at the factory and I think they ship them anyway, hoping that the customer doesn't see or care enough to notice. We were somewhat picky, but for $7000 or whatever it was, we felt we had a right to be.

I don't understand how someone could call what we have Apartment Grade cabinets. They really are much nicer. Maybe other people have purchased a lower grade KitchenMaid product.

We got ours through Lowe's. Have not needed the warranty. It's hard to quantify the Price/Value. I suppose as long as they hold up, it gets better over time. Right now it's $1000/yr of ownership.
GV
Was this review helpful to you? 7 0

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.