Disappointed
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I tried hard to be happy with these cabinets. $24,000 worth of maple/dove white kitchen cabinets. The only thing that kept me from telling the company to come and take their cabinets back or we can work this out in court, was the local kitchen designer/reseller -- who bent over backward to make sure things were made right.

Issues included:

Custom cabinet arrived warped, cracked and barely painted. You could also see deep saw marks on the stiles. A junior high wood shop student could have done a better job.

Several cabinets way out of square. We stacked a couple of small cabinets and they were so far out of spec that I had to sand down the sides of them and re-veener them myself just to get them to look right. Imagine spending $24,000 on cabinets and then having to rehab the cabinets yourself just to make them usable?

Several drawers don't close correctly and new hardware will need to be ordered.

Kraftmaid uses the cheapest cardboard boxes with NO padding, for shipping moldings. I had $1000 worth of molding delivered and a couple of boxes were broken open on the ends, and the UPS guy spilled them out onto the driveway when carrying them.

Any issues like this, as they come up, set your schedule back two weeks since you have to re-order replacements from Kraftmaid. We have been without a kitchen now for nearly three months trying to get this project completed. Three months. I could put a complete house up in three months. Unbelievable.

Bottom line, these are contract manufactured for Kraftmaid at various locations around the country. Obviously using low-skilled labor and poor quality control. Everything is held together with glue-gun and staples. The painted finishes are so thin it will be a miracle if they don't wear through on touch-spots after a few months of usage.

Better cabinetry would have cost me another $12,000 so I realize you get what you pay for...but for the prices they get on these cabinets they should not be barely a step above China import product quality.

Very disappointed with this purchase but will now have to live with it.
C
Was this review helpful to you? 23 0

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.