Worst Nightmare EVER!
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I wish I had seen these reviews before ordering. I'm just another story like the rest. I've been without a kitchen since Aug when our old kitchen was taken out. We got bumped weeks by Home Depot's install schedule, then received cracked base cabinets and wrong pieces (and a month wait between) TWICE from Kraftmaid. No reorders were expedited so another month wait, AND Home Depot's install crew installed upper cabinets and island crooked and/or without using the decorative panels to check the box on a partial install. Now we are in a battle to get a full refund and go elsewhere. Two main problems ... KraftMaid quality is a big issue AND the bix box stores sub out everything to 3rd parties and claim no responsibility. Nobody is accountable to anyone else. Here's how it has gone for us...

June 9 finalized kitchen and waited on door sample to approve glaze color
June 21 wrong sample arrived
June 26 wrong sample arrived again
July 3 asked to sign order to avoid losing sale
July 19 sample finally arrived, but we had driven to another store to see a sample
Aug 14 were told to get granite removed so installers could begin Aug 24
Aug 17 cabinets delivered
Aug 23 installers called and canceled
Aug 24 we complained and installers rescheduled for Aug 27
Aug 27 installers said most base cabinets damaged, fluted fillers wrong size
so they installed uppers only and island. They didn't use fillers and
decorative pieces as plan instructed, so Fridge didn't fit into new opening,
and island missing decorative accents. They also installed wrong size fluted
fillers which hung lower than cabinets into gas oven space, and installed
some robotic hinge contraption KraftMaid sent that takes up the cabinet.
Sept 14 replacement cabinets arrived damaged like first, still waiting on fluted fillers.
Sept 17 we requested full refund & kitchen extraction. No kitchen & starting over.

Do yourself a favor and don't do cabinet business with KraftMaid OR big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes.
KB
Was this review helpful to you? 17 6

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account?
March 13, 2019
YOUR TIMELINE SAYS:
June 9 finalized kitchen and waited on door sample to approve glaze color
June 21 wrong sample arrived
June 26 wrong sample arrived again
July 3 asked to sign order to avoid losing sale
July 19 sample finally arrived, but we had driven to another store to see a sample
Aug 14 were told to get granite removed so installers could begin Aug 24
Aug 17 cabinets delivered
Aug 23 installers called and canceled
Aug 24 we complained and installers rescheduled for Aug 27
Aug 27 installers said most base cabinets damaged, fluted fillers wrong size.

**My question is, why did you wait until August 27th to finally unbox and inspect? Had this been done 2 weeks prior to the installers, you could have saved yourself and the installers a headache. Sounds to me like poor planning on your part.
DJ
David J.
August 25, 2019
I’m going thru dealing with Kraft Maid now and damaged discolored cabinets and doors. It’s holding up my kitchen remodel and I’m living without a kitchen. Home Depot did not assist in the least. Honesty I don’t understand how the doors I received ended up in boxes and shipped to a customer who paid big money for them. It’s outrageous!
CM
Catherine Marvici
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.