Not Environmentally Friendly
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

For those conscience consumers who care about the environment, Merillat is not your brand. If any damage happens to any part of the wood (no matter how small) Merillat will not sell replacement parts. Instead they tell you to dispose of the drawer, cabinet, etc and to purchase a new one. I had the side of a wood drawer frame separate from the from the front side of the frame. I was told to purchase an entirely new drawer. Even though they have a warehouse of these parts, they don't sell them. When I pointed out that was not a sustainable business model for the environment, throwing away an entirely good drawer with all good parts but one, I was told to make it into mulch....you can't mulch treated and painted wood. In any event, this company has alot of waste and little concern about environmental sustainability. The phone call with the representative was disheartening. I was told, "well if you care about the environment why did you buy wood, why didn't you buy plastic?" Ack! Like plastic is a good choice! And even if I did, they'd be telling me to throw out the plastic drawer and buy a new one! This company doesn't have a clue or a care about the globe. So the cabinets may look nice but they are part of the problem and not solution. With so may businesses that care about the planet and eco-friendly and environmentally sustainable approach to their business models to choose from, I'd suggest searching elsewhere than Merillat who is only concerned about sustaining their profits.
NR
Was this review helpful to you? 18 10

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
February 05, 2020
I wish I would have done my review before I purchased these cabinets your comments are absolutely correct in every way . If you're reading these reviews because you're thinking about buying one of their cabinets think twice before reaching to your wallet.
HN
Happy not
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.