can't locate info
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We built our home in 1989 and the spec cabinets used were Merillat. Turns out that the doors and drawer fronts are pressed wood with a "grained" type laminate with "wood-grained" something...but not real wood. I'm guessing some sort of paper type covering. I don't know how to get the laminate off to paint or do anything to update the doors. The cabinets have held up really well over the years, with a family raising 3 children and 2 grandchildren. I would love to do something to the doors, as they don't look special at all, but I am not interested in new cabinets, nor refacing. It appears that at least the cabinet boxes are wood, but I don't feel that the end panels are. I suspect its the same "wood look paper" that is on the tops and bottoms of each door. I can't locate a picture online that shows these cabinets, and I do not know how I can upload one here. If anyone feels that they can help, please contact me. Sure would appreciate any help. BTW...papers from the build of the house do not indicate anything important regarding the cabinets, only that they were spec cabinets.
K
Was this review helpful to you? 6 3

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
October 11, 2017
Just prime over the laminate and the paint. Don't take off any of the paper
B
Beth
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.