Yup...they're crap!
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Four years ago I had a brand new kitchen installed with dove white painted cabinets from Kraftmaid. These cabinets were NOT cheap and I was excited to get the kitchen of my dreams. The first set came and my contractor installed them. I started putting dishes away and thought they were dirty because the insides of the doors looked almost moldy. I called the place I got them from and they had the Kraftmaid manager come to the house. He agreed that they looked bad and said something about they had instituted new painting techniques that were not working. They sent all new doors.

Fast forward three years and the finish on the cabinets is failing miserably. Two of the doors are yellowing, paint is peeling from others, a few doors have cracks in the finish. Went back to the building supplier where we purchased the cabinets and another Kraftmaid rep came out to look at them. He immediately said the yellowed cabinets were the result of epoxy coming to the surface and it's something they have seen on other cabinets. Obviously a known defect. They are replacing about 3/4 of the doors but the warranty doesn't cover the cost of removing and installing the new doors.

This is ridiculous. These doors have a known defect and I had to pay for the original install and now i have to pay to have them taken out and replaced.
L
Was this review helpful to you? 15 2

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.