Not Happy with Dura Supreme
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We've had these cabinets for two years now. I have a number of complaints regarding the product. #1 The paint finish is light in some areas and lacks appropriate spray... We noticed this after the countertop was installed... I'm not sure I would have sent it back or asked for a replacement but a very basic oversight in quality control on their part. #2. We puchased a china hutch with glass front. My wife has displayed her china on the shelves-- with three settings on each shelf. Not a great deal of weight-- really it has to be less than 5 lbs. It was Christmas yesterday, and as we were putting China away today, I noticed that all of the shelves in the cabinet are sagging visibly. We also have a pantry cabinet with serious shelf sagging. #3 They arrived and the carcasses were built out of particle board. (This was not DuraSupreme's fault.) The kitchen designer should have made us aware, but for this price point I was shocked as the contractors was unboxing cabinets made particle board. Be sure to ask if you are getting 3/4 ply boxes.... This is more of a warning than anything else. #4. The hardware for items like the garbage can rollout is finicky and requires a lot of adjustment. One of the drawers is squeaking. Overall, I look at our cabinets and given the $25K price tag I wish we had gone with KraftMaid from Home Depot. We had those cabinets at our last home and the product was superior for 1/2 the cost, and we used them longer with fewer issues. I was also surprised by the Houzz reviews... When I was researching these I believe I may have even stopped their and been satisfied that these cabinets are good... Very disappointed and I hope prospective buyers see this.
B
Was this review helpful to you? 23 8

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
March 01, 2017
I have been designing and selling kitchens for over 30 plus
years . I have designed and sold Aristokraft , Schrock group which is Thomasville ,Diamond ,Schrock ,Kemper (All the same maker they just rename the doors.), Fieldstone,Woodharbor ,
Bertch,Ultracraft ,Brammer , Rivera ,Mid Continent , Kraftmaid ,
Merrilat ,Country Wood , Legacy, Wellborn , Crystal ,Mid Continent, Kitchen Craft. My favorite line is Dura Supreme and I say that with over 500 plus projects over the years with Dura alone . I have NEVER had a dissatisfied customer period!

The company you purchase them from is key along with the designer and installer . Your China hutch shelf that is sagging is not due to it being furniture core (particle board) it's due to a shelf clip not installed in the middle back and stile area most likely and if it is indeed warped Dura will replace it n/c - make the phone call ! I will give you an example of how good their warranty is .
I had a kitchen I designed 4 years ago that a panel developed a crack in their $10,000 hood - Dura send a new hood out in 3 weeks and paid my installer to replace . Kraftmaid is part of the
Masco group - a giant company that owns Merrilat ,Starmark and
Fieldstone (not the original Fieldstone founded by the Lewerke's)
- production is very automated and not much hands on -
I've been to all of the factories of the companies listed above
and Dura has top notch workers. If you have a paint issue that needs to be addressed and looked at - Dura will stand behind their product and warranty. I have many examples of items Dura
took care of and a lot of it was not manufacture error but installation or poor handling on the delivery service or storage before delivery . The most important thing is know who you are purchasing them from - Are they going to take care of you if there
Is a problem? My experience is a lot unfortunately don't and blame the manufacture because their on to the next sale.
Dura is a great company to work with and does stand behind their product .

T
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.