Sloppiest Cabinets I've Seen
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I recently purchased kitchen cabinets from Lowe’s in April 2016. I was told that KraftMaid makes some of the best kitchen cabinets by the Lowes salesman so I decided to buy some. I was told that there were two options to choose from, their standard line and a newer line, the Momentum line. I was told the difference between the two was in the variety of options for customization and price. The Momentum line had fewer customization options therefore it was cheaper. I decided to go with the Momentum line after being assured that there was no loss in quality and craftsmanship between the two lines.
But when I finally received the cabinets after paying over $6,000 for them I was in for a rude awakening. The cabinets I received were some of the sloppiest cabinets I have seen. There was dried wood glue dripping all over them as well as many chipped areas on almost all the cabinets I got. Most of the doors aren’t even level and have varying sizes of gaps between them. The pantry was one of the worst pieces I received. It has a large crack coming from the top hinge of the door and several more cracks on the back side of it. They even sent me a piece that was painted gray when I ordered natural wood cabinets. I was told that the cabinets would have to pass a thorough quality review before being sent to me but that clearly wasn’t done. KraftMaid didn’t even bother to put their logo on anything they sent me, I guess they are as embarrassed as I am of the cabinets.
E
Was this review helpful to you? 13 1

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.