Junk Cabinets
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We've owned our home for 1.5 years with previously installed Merillat cabinets. They are falling apart. The construction is subpar with particle board framework (the fronts look nice where the wood has held up) stapled together. These cabinets and drawers are not designed for regular use. If you have no reason to open and close them they will look beautiful. If you plan to use them, plan to replace them sooner than later. Of course, they come with original owner warranty only.
J
Was this review helpful to you? 10 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
May 11, 2017
I am going through the same thing, it is particle board underneath inside the cabinets because I had to redo the bottom of one when my sink had a leak and the particle board swelled up, I replaced it with real oak. We also bought our house with these cabinets. There is a middle piece for the pantry (so the doors shut properly) that is too short, it doesn't look terrible but you would think it would fit. I was completely disgusted today; I knew the toe kicks were just contact paper on top of plywood and I replaced them with real oak, but when I went to remove varnish from the sides and only used citrus stuff for less than 30 minutes, the contact paper (yes, that is what it is, or just as thin as that) started dissolving and you can see the particle board in some places. So, do I get more (good quality instead of garbage) veneer or new cabinets? I am thinking new cabinets at this point but not Merillat after this experience.
C
Cyndi
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.