(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Thought I was getting a better quality cabinet then Home Depot or Lowe's have.Vanity looks great but after installing realized I had paint touch up to do on wall beside the cabinet.Put about 5 inches of blue painters tape on the side of vanity.Probably had the tape on for 10 hours.Peeled the tape off the next morning and it took the finish right off with it ,looked like a piece of cellophane coming off.Now there's a 3 inch bare spot where cabinet meets the wall.Called Kraft Maid about the problem.Didn't even get the words out of my mouth and they said "you used blue painters tape".Like it's a problem they have all the time.After many weeks of trying to get some resolution to the problem they finally sent me a side skin to attempt to fix the problem.Tell me how I'm getting this on without any problems!!! Guess they just don't have a fix for this problem.Think there should be a warning on the cabinet don't use painters tape it will damage finish.I can put painters tape on any piece of shit cabinet I've ever owned without causing any damage.Kraft Maid really has to look into their finishing process to make it more durable.
KM
Was this review helpful to you? 22 6

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
June 08, 2017
Yes! I had this same problem too! THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. Luckily the single cabinet that was damaged is not in direct light, so once I touch it up, I doubt I'll notice. It's just heartbreaking to realize you spend that much money on cabinets and then something stupid like painters tape that you're using to protect them destroys them. Kraftmaid definitely needs to better they finishing process.

What did you use to touch up?
E
Emly
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.