(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I wish I had seen this site last year at this time. We live in a very humid area near the ocean. My cherry cabinets have swollen to the point where they no longer close properly. Several of the drawers also no longer close. I spent nearly $17,000 and am hugely disappointed. The Dura Supreme rep has attitude and tells me that my warranty points out that humidity may affect the wood and that I should have installed central AC!!!! Unbelievable. This is the third kitchen we've built.. the third set of cabinets.. the most expensive and the worst. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES buy these cabinets! I plan to contact Dura Supreme directly but hold out little hope of any reply
G
Was this review helpful to you? 11 11

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
Already have an account?
March 24, 2014
I have been a designer for 17 years...your bad review of a good cabinet is misleading to the public. Wood products absorb moisture in the air, which make them expand...they shrink back when the air is less humid. Its my experience that some consumers want what they want and even when I educate them or try to show them better options, they still want what they want because that's what they show in magazines...
You live near the ocean, its a case of extreme humidity, you should have been educated by your sales person that inset cabinets was not advisable. Or if you insisted he should have made you sign a waiver. If you had put central a/c in, you would not have had this issue.

Sorry for your bad experience, but its not at all a case that this cabinetry was "AWFUL"
L
lori
May 30, 2014
your are an idiot. These are wood cabinets and humidity is the worst thing for them.. Thats common sense. Cheaper cabinets are a better choice because of less wood. If you like in a humid climate educate yourself and stop blaming others. actual WOOD SWELLS….DUH
C
chris
October 30, 2014
I'm just posting this so people get the real deal. It's been a while since this gentlemen wrote this article but just For anybody purchasing cabinets in a humid environment.
I didn't hear anybody asking this gentleman what door style he bought. The experienced people up top in the previous two comments should've asked if it was a slab door style. If it was its designer error. For anybody wondering slab door style is a flat door and if it's made out of solid wood rather than a veneer it will warp badly.

It not the same as any of the woods the gentleman mentioned. A slab door is one solid piece of wood the other doors in his house and his moldings are either fiber board or made out of multiple pieces of wood so they can expand and contract.You might've even wanted to ask how call the doors are.Fact customer, designer of 17 years this is an education in customer service. Ask the right questions instead of jumping all over this poor man for making mistakes. The mistakes could be designer, manufacturer or customer.

If you're in a humid area of the country. Do not buy a solid wood cabinet door or a door over 42 inches tall. I would even keep the width of the doors 21 or less. Hope this helps somebody.
G
Greg
September 27, 2016
I am a designer, and it is the person that sold you your cabinets that did you a disservice by not educating you, or asking you qualifying questions to find the best product for you. I'm sorry for your poor experience, but it is not the fault of Dura.
J
Jocelyn
4 results - showing 1 - 4
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.