(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Got our cabinet in very poor condition! Company said that everything we are experiencing is "transit issues". But what about poor finish that is peeling off, scratches not only outside of the doors but also inside of the cabinet doors and shelves, cabinets that came in with wrong size, doors that are being installed wrong side out...etc etc.... We paid for solid wood doors and some of our cabinets came as plywood! We were getting "customer service" to the extent of guiding us how to fix the problem on the job. $30000 kitchen turned into do it yourself project as we were following instructions on how to structurally change cabinetry to get the look and functionality of what we ordered and paid for on the first place. Now Starmark claims that cabinetry is not covered by warrantee because it was altered on the job and not on the manufacturing plant.
We have been under construction since January. We have not used our kitchen yet...not all cabinets can be installed due to condition/size they came in, not all plywood doors have been replaced. Kitchen looks old due to poor quality of finish. Starmark and Direct depot kitchens (our dealer) does not reply to us. It is not about bad quality anymore, it is about how issues are being handled. Both companies show no respect to the customer and no desire to resolve issues.
B
Was this review helpful to you? 34 7

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account?
June 12, 2014
I am very shocked by this review when I read it. I've been selling Starmark Cabinets for over 20 years, and one of the many reasons why is there impeccable customer service. This sounds to me like the quality of service should of been more directed at the cabinet design center they were purchased at. In the kitchen design world you encounter many obstacles, when the project goes through without any problems that is fantastic but when they don't you do your very best to get it resolved to the customers satisfaction. Starmark has always had my back!!!
JP
Janet Plier
April 22, 2016
I went to the only dealer in San Francisco and was told that Starmark cannot custom cabinets. One corner of my kitchen is angled, since the wall behind it is angled. I was told that Starmark will not do this part, but in one of Starmark's magazines from that dealer shows a kitchen with an angled wall. The dealer then said my kitchen is small; so I am not sure if he is looking for a minimum bid. Will you please see if a short angled wall is an issue with Starmark?
M
Marilu
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.