(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

It is tough to give star ratings because I have mixed reviews for a couple of styles/finishes. The painted cabinets (mixed Masterpiece and Classic) I purchased have a nice finish (canvas color), but the stained Honey Maple Masterpiece cabinets are, frankly, unattractive. They have a rustic appearance and a few dark streaks that look like blemishes, but are wood variations that should have been avoided on Masterpiece quality cabinets. The quality of construction is good, but not great. A few drawer fronts seem loose, but won't tighten up with the screws, so I guess I will be adding/replacing screws. I had the Merrillat rep at my house to address a drawer box that was milled improperly, but he was hours late and my wife could only show him the drawer. He couldn't find the problem ??? and did some BS roller adjustment and left. The next day I grabbed a chisel, a shim, and some wood glue and fixed it, but this is ridiculous service for new cabinets. Also, the design program at the dealer seems complicated for old school sales people. 2 Masterpiece cabinets arrived 4 inches short because the toekick was deleted on the program. Unfortunately, this was on upper stacked cabinets that shouldn't have a toekick, but somehow the overall height was never recalculated properly. We agreed to add decorative panels to the top to allow for crown moulding, but this means more work for me. The remainder of my project involves stained cabinets and a custom closet - I think I will look at something other than Merrillat.
G
Was this review helpful to you? 12 4

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.