(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Where to begin? Quite simply, don't even consider DuraSupreme. Why? Here's my experience with an order for my new construction kitchen. We ordered the white, espresso rub finish.

1. The door colors were widely inconsistent. They varied greatly depending upon how much of the rub had been wiped off. For example, if you want two doors hanging side by side, and if you want them to be the same color, (this seems like such a basic, simple request, doesn't it?) then you will not get that with DuraSupreme. What you will get is your sales rep coming to your house to look at the problem and he will tell you that it looks great and if you don't like the way it turned out then maybe you should just keep rehanging different doors until you find two that sort of match.

2. Our order arrived incomplete. We were missing trim pieces to fit around the refrigerator and to fill in spaces around our kitchen island. Sure, our DuraSupreme rep did reorder the missing pieces, but that meant our installer had to return a month later and not get paid for that delay or extra drive. And when he did return, the pieces were wrong. For example we needed two flat panels, 90" tall, to frame our refrigerator. We received one 90" panel and one 86" panel which left a gap at the ceiling. So once again, our installer had to leave the job. He will, hopefully, return in a month and hopefully, he will have all his pieces to finish the job.

3. The color inconsistency between the crown molding and the cabinet doors was so great the installer wouldn't put it up. The sales rep, when he came out to assess the door color differential did agree that the crown molding color difference was a problem. He reordered crown molding for us. But the new crown came in as different in color from the doors as the first set. Apparently there is zero color quality control at the factory.

4. Beware that if you order a drawer in a certain size, that you will get a drawer front in that size, but in our kitchen the drawer itself isn't anywhere near that size. For example, I ordered a bank of 4, six inch drawers. What I got was 4, six inch drawer fronts, but the actual drawers are only 3 inches tall with a six inch front. Not only do I now have far less storage space than I was expecting, but when I open the drawer this looks like a ridiculously Micky Mouse (sorry Disney) job.

5. All of this might have been understandable, or forgivable, or maybe I could somehow rationalize that I had been cheap in ordering inexpensive cabinets. But this was not the least expensive option. I compared several brands, yet I chose Dura Supreme because I liked their door finish color the best. And this might be annoying, but ultimately satisfying if there was any sort of response from the company. Yet from my sales rep to his regional manager to the Minnesota boss, the repeated line is, "That's just the nature of our product. They're beautiful."

I'm so sorry that I didn't find this review site before I ordered my cabinets. But hopefully you will do better and select a different vendor. Best of luck with whatever kitchen project you're embarking upon. But don't buy DuraSupreme.
C
Was this review helpful to you? 15 7

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.