(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I can’t say enough good things about Shenandoah’s customer service. I was on a tight budget redoing a kitchen and so went with the Shenandoah Dominion with a Spice finish. When the cabinets were installed, a couple of the doors and drawer fronts had what I considered unattractive marks where the grain darkened and or there were knots. I called Shenandoah and talked with them about it and they immediately shipped me out 2 replacement doors at their expense – not charge at all to me. Once they were installed, I still felt unhappy with 1 more door and a drawer front. I called again and once again they cheerfully sent me replacements at no cost. They didn’t give me a single bit of grief, not one bit. Their feeling was that I should be happy with my purchase. What a complete pleasure to deal with them.

BTW: Some may be thinking that the finish shouldn’t have arrived “flawed” in the first place. But since that time I’ve found that that’s just the way cabinets arrive. Some folks are bothered by imperfections and some take them as part of the look. My neighbor just spent $20,000 with a high end designer for her new kitchen cabinets and even hers were full of dark marks. So it is just a matter of taste.

A caution about using XXX: XXX is the fly in the ointment in this deal as far as I’m concerned. The “youth” who spec’d out my cabinets for me was sure good at navigating that 3-D layout softward but, according to my contractor, had obviously never installed cabinets or, according to me, had never actually used a kitchen. He made recommendations without explaining what the tradeoffs were and I got caught by my own ignorance and trusted him to know what he was doing. So, for instance, in order to get that nifty tray cabinet, apparently I got squeezed into a sink that was only 25 ½ inches wide -- meaning really, really small if you want a double sink and, if you think you’re going to go with one big sink, then the tradeoff is no garbage disposal. Etc.. The hazard of doing it yourself, and not using a professional designer, is that you can get blindsided by not knowing what you don’t know. I expect more of XXX.

But back to Shenandoah. The cabinets look great, they’re sturdy and feel very well-built. No, they don't look as nice as the $20,000 walnut cabinets my neighbor got, but then, I spent a fraction of the price. I’ve only had them for a few months so I can’t comment on their longevity but I feel I got a great deal and had a great experience all around.
BJ
Was this review helpful to you? 5 1

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.