Beware Double Check Everything
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We did a lot of research in regards to a complete kitchen remodel. Quite a few websites- including this one- ranked StarMark cabinets as either the best or in the top 3. On October 15th 2022 we signed a contract with a local retailer for StarMark cabinets. It was an order for 29 pieces including cabinets, kick and crown molding. the initial order arrived at the local retailer on 2/22/23. Our remodel was not scheduled until late May early June. The local retailer stated that they could hold the cabinets in the rear of the warehouse for 60 days but the warranty for damage would expire prior to us having them delivered. So we had the cabinets delivered 2 weeks before the warranty expired. Upon taking several days to individually unwrap and re wrap all 29 pieces I located 13 damaged pieces on 5/15/23. I took pictures of the damage and sent them to the local retailer. Who then forwarded a warranty claim to StarMark. In early June we received 9 items from StarMark. Out of the 9 items only 7 matched the model numbers provided on 5/15/23. I sent a email to the local retailer asking about the other missing waranty items and the 2 model numbers that did not match our order. The local retailer was told by StarMark that they would not 4 items did not meet warranty claim status. So our contractor had to change doors and splice a toe kick molding (Seam) during the initial install.

On 6/28/23 we made the mistake of Trusting StarMark again. We placed an order for 3 ten foot crown molding boards. This was an add on since we originally were not running the crown around the breakfast nook. StarMark took the order and said it would be 6-8 weeks. When we picked up the crown on 8/24-after returning from a vacation- it was banded wrapped by 5 straps. The time from when the crown arrived at the local retailer and install placed it outside the warranty window. We looked at the outside paper wrapping and saw no visible signs of damage. On 9/28 our contractor was able to fit us in to complete the crown installation. I brought all the crown pieces upstairs. Upon taking the special order crown out out I found the middle piece had scuff mark in 2 spots down past the paint. Also 2 dings that still had paint on molding but was obvious. This was the piece protected by the outside pieces strapped together. Damage had to have occurred in the factory. Our contractor measured the needed footage around the cabinets and said he would have to put some of the damaged crown up. I instructed him to use the pieces in shadowed areas.

After a couple of hours of installing the Crown our Contractor came inside from cutting 1 of the 3 special ordered Crown. He had only cut the angles on each end. Not reducing the length besides the saw blade. We have a spot for crown molding just barely over 119" long. Cutting the saw blade angle would have left a bit more then 119". When the crown molding was put up it was short. Since we did not measure that board prior to angle cut cut we do no know the exact length. Our contractor then called me into measure the 2 remaining 10 Feet 120" boards. On 2 seperate tape measures the boards were 118 3/4" and 118 1/4". Our contractor- who has been doing this for 30 years had never seen a 10 foot board that short let alone "3". Who at StarMark would allow 3 Boards to ship that are under length. And as a customer WHO would think to measure board length upon delivery. Had to splice-seam again

THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE TITLE. 
K
Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.