Poor Quality Cabinetry
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I bought my American Woodmark cabinets in early 2020. I had purched them for a kitchen at a previous house in early 2000’s. Those cabinets were good, and I iAd no issues. This purchase was based on that good prior experience and I did not check the internet for reviews - my mistake.

Two tone uppers and lowers in shaker style were purchased for kitchen and bathroom. Painted uppers, stained lowers. The problems with quality started immediately. Units arrived damaged, doors hung wrong, drawers that would not close because they were overhanging the drawer below it, and predrilled holes where there should have been none. I took photos of defects and sent them to store where ordered and replacements tricked in. Problem is replacements were no better or worse than problem units. It’s as if they have NO quality control.

After much time and negotiations, I was able to get monetary compensation from the HD store. They explained the $ refunded was the max at store level, but I should contact manufacturer - American Woodmark for more. After contacting manufacturer and sending photos of all the problems with paint and stain that still exist, after several months, they send me back to store where cabinetry was ordered.

They all just pass the buck. Please do not order these products. Save yourself grief and aggravation. There has got to be decent companies out there that care about producing a good product.

Signed,
Fed Up
J
Was this review helpful to you? 10 1

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account?
January 30, 2022
There is no quality control. I’m installing cabinets for a friend. First delivery. Cabinet boxes out of square. Poor finish. Replacements came nail holes showing. One had a big chip on one side (not from shipping) the other side was gray. There white cabinets
S
sreed629@gmail.com
February 03, 2022
Hello
I have also purchased cabinets from American woodmark and have issues with them, looking into suing them. Did you by any chance purchase the luxury package construction?
J
jlabouef@hotmail.com
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.