American Woodmark- Allen & Roth
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I ordered my cabinets from Lowe's because I was told they were good quality and a good name brand to work with. LIES. The day my cabinets were delivered, I watched them carry each box with no issues. I checked over the boxes and ZERO of the boxes indicated any damage.

Once my kitchen was demoed and my contractors were ready to install them, they took them out of the boxes and found that almost every cabinet had either an installing error from the manufacturer or were damaged again from the manufacturer. Multiple doors were screwed on crooked, the wood was split or just cracked in half down spins of the cabinets. Which resulted in me paying my contractors hours of extra time just to fix mistakes that should have never even been an issue in the first place. My contractor was SOOO unhappy with the quality of cabinets I received that he told Lowes that something needed to be compensated for. Woodmark will not sent a representative out to your home unless a Lowe's representative is present. After weeks of waiting, we get representatives from both to come to our home, my contractor and myself show each cabinet that was damaged, where it was at, etc. WASTE OF TIME. After the home visit I STILL had to compile a detailed list and send pictures to this same representative after the home visit anyways. Weeks have since gone on and we are still going back and forth with the American Woodmark representative. They do not answer emails unless you threaten them with the Better Business Bureau. I still have no idea if I will even get any type of refund from this AWFUL company.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT BUY.
OCD3396- Butt 2DWR- 33x96- Oven Cabinet
B42-42. Base Cabinet. 2 Doors- 2 Drawers
BPP9- 9. Base Pantry Pull out
K
Was this review helpful to you? 6 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
January 04, 2024
Just reading these comments on American Woodmark Cabinetry. As someone who has worked in the cabinet world, I must state that even if the outer box of a cabinet arrives with no signs of damage, you MUST open each cabinet/moldings/accessories in order to determine damages. Many times the outside of the box may look perfect, but cabinets can be damaged during shipping without signs of damage on the outside cardboard boxes - it is just the unfortunate truth of shipping. My recommendation is to completely unbox your cabinets/moldings/accessories within 7-Days of delivery. Look at each cabinet/molding/accessories at a 360-degree view. If you find damages, take pictures from 3-feet away at a straight view, then if closer pictures are needed to detail the damage, take those as well. Organize your pictires by renaming them the nomenclature (items number of the product) and if more than one photo is taken, then detail it with a -1, -2, etc.Submit these photos and line items to the manufacturer (800-number) along with your Order Number. They will evaluate the photos and determine if these are damages. I aldo recommend you educate yourself on cabinetry. Joint-lines are some of the most misunderstood complaints about cabinetry. Wood expands and contracts based on humidity/heat/cold, humidity being the key factor. If you have a painted maple cabinet/door, you will see separation at the joing lines at some point in the life of the cabinetry. Paint does not expand and contract, it separates, so you need to be prepare for this to happend during the entire life of the cabinetry. If you do not like this look, then you have two other options, MDF doors or a heat wrapped Medium/High Density Door. Both stained and painted cabinets with have changing joint lines throught the life of the cabinetry. Joint lines are in-spec unless you can slide a credit card through the joint lines. Also, make sure you look to see if there are cracks off the joint lines, these would be under warranty depending on the brand of cabinets you purchase.Always look for cabinets that have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" and understand how the warranty works before you decided on the line of cabinetry you purchase.

Cabinets are typically a once in a lifetime purchase, so make sure you educate yourself on all aspects of cabinetry. I can promise you that all manufacturers have the exact same issues, The quality between Kraftmaid, American Woodmark, and Thomasville are exactly the same. They all have issues with logistics, and keep in mind that the people delivering the cabinets and makeing the cabinets are human - mistakes can happen, but most cabinetry companies stand behind their products and will replace damaged cabinets.

Before purchasing your cabinets, you have to do your research, and know what to ask the designer. There are YouTube videos you can access, read articles by This Old House and other reputable organizations. Also, inspect your cabinets within 7-Days of receipt, because if you report initial damages beyond 90-Days from delivery, you may be stuck with the damaged cabinet/molding/accessory. Make sure nothing is missing from your order as well within 7-Days from delivery. Report this information ASAP, so you can get your items resent to you quickly.

Two more important tips are to NOT Demo your kitchens or bathrooms prior to delivery of cabinets and inspection of each component. If you do, you will not be reimbursed or given compensation for having to each out or wash your dishes in the bathtub. And, DO NOT install damaged cabinets as the manufacturing company will not be able to tell if the damage happened during installation, and it will NOT be covered by the warranty.

Be diligent in your research, because this is an expensive purchase. Don't get caught up in thinking that spending more money will change the quality of the cabinets you receive, at least in the Made-to-Order world of cabinetry. In-stock cabinets are contractor grade cabinets and come in significantly fewer styles and finishes, thKnow the difference and be prepare for damages as they are more likely to happen than most would think - logistics damages are definately more likely to happend (with or without outer cardboard box damage).

Finally, be realistic - demanding compensation for damages and contractor visits is unreasonable, and I can guarantee you that you will more than likely be disappointed with the outcome. Allow the cabinet company to replace the cabinets - it doesn't hurt to ask them to enhance the packaging to avoid another damage cabinet, but don't be surprised if it takes a few times for your damaged item to come in without damages - it's a human operations and cabinets are boxes with nothing inside to keep them from being bounced around in a truck or by the handler of the cabinet. Damage is going to happen, so be prepared.
F
Fletcher1
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.