Awful - Wish I Had Known And Not Spent $11,000
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Both Home Depot and Thomasville completely fail at their respective jobs. I should have known to go to real kitchen designers and real cabinet makers. Home Depot's kitchen designer is way under qualified and Thomasville is a manufacturer of cheaply made and designed cabinets. No way a 10x12' kitchen should cost $11,000 for this garbage.

Here's the two main issues: I bought cabinetry in the Wisteria finish. Thomasville only finishes the doors and sides of the cabinets. The tops, bottoms and inside are a generic light birch wood veneer. So understand this. When you are walking down the stairs and see the top of the cabinets, you see unfinished birch. When you are sitting at the center island or dining room table, you see the underside of the wall cabinets... unfinished birch veneer. This looks completely idiotic. Which is the perfect word to describe Home Depot kitchen designers and Thomasville.

Oh, another great fail on Home Depot and Thomasville's part: Since the inside of the cabinets is still that ridiculous unfinished birch veneer... when you order cabinets with glass doors.... yup, you have a completely unfinished cabinetry exposed to the kitchen. I can't even put into words how completely idiotic and out of touch this is.

Home Depot kitchen designers should know better. The Thomasville rep we spoke to, should know better. But none of them do.

They are just qualified enough to do low end jobs. Yet they charge above-average to high end costs.

Complete and utter garbage. Wish I read the reviews first. Hopefully this one helps.
H
Was this review helpful to you? 18 10

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.