Review Detail

Kitchen Cabinets
Awful quality over, and over, and over...
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I wish to god that I had read these reviews before I went through with this purchase. I bought the higher end Diamond cabinets from Lowes. A modest amount of cabinets was still quite expensive (~$12.5k after 30% and 10% discounts). This was my 2nd lowes cabinet purchase, my first one was KraftMaid and it was a totally different (better) experience years ago with that one.

Where to begin? Like other reviewers here, the quality control coming out of the manufacturing facility is god-awful. Every door has issues with the paint finish - be it scuffs that don't clean off, unpainted insides, unfinished and unpainted edges, dings, dents, bruises, spots, etc.

Multiple cabinets were not square. Multiple drawers were not square. The custom options/adders are nearly always WAY worse, it's like a first-time woodworker took a hacksaw to the wall cabinets that had custom parts on it (for example the "end door" feature). It was truly embarrassing to see it.

My first delivery of the removable shelves were completely unfinished. The laminate/veneer was not matching up, it's like somebody used a 10 year old rusty table saw to make the cuts.

The company replaced incorrect things every time, but that means waiting another 4-6 weeks, which delays your project massively and means most of the time that the contractor is going to charge you for it (like mine).

The replacements are, 90% of the time, worse than the originals. Some items were replaced THREE Times, and after that much wasteful shipping/manufacturing, I paid my contractor to make the cabinet proper. He took several cabinets to the planer and table saw in order to make them square, and refinished the edges himself! How embarrassing for Diamond, and how expensive for the customer (me!).

Now I have enough crap cabinets in the basement to throw out, which will cost me even more, because they won't take back the old ones they have replaced either.

Talk about environmental impact. The shipping, cardboard, styrofoam, manufacturing, waste of people's time, and god the cost to EVERYONE involved, it's so insane.

In the end I told Diamond I was tired of replacing their crap product with a worse one, and I wasn't going to delay my kitchen project any more (already doubled the time because of them). I asked for money back, they gave me 10% which is a slap in the face, and refused to pay my contractors additional charges. I'm now in discussion with Lowes as well.

All in all, run run run away from diamond at lowes or diamond as a company. I cannot say it more. Pick somebody else, you can't be worse than these.
SS
Was this review helpful to you? 24 2

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.