Mixed feelings about our cabinets
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We just redid our entire kitchen with American Woodmark Cabinets. On the whole, they look nice, HOWEVER the cabinets at Home Depot had the drawer fronts attached to the drawer with 2 screws...our cabinets came with the drawer fronts attached by cheap metal brackets on the side of each drawer covered by a beige plastic clip. I hate it! It makes it look so cheap! It's not what was represented at our home Depot at all. With 44 drawers in the kitchen, we also wanted them to line up, but instead it looked like a zigzag. We called the company, but they offered no help, so my husband had to unscrew 16 screws per bracket and re-align them so that they would look level. So much time spent!! Finally the company rep came along with our Home Depot Salesperson, he told us that the plastic covered clip was an upgrade! Really? Plastic versus wood is an upgrade? He then offered us $150 to apologize for not letting us know that those zig zag drawers could be fixed by small adjustable rollers on the bottom of each drawer....I had called the company and they would not tell me that! There was no information in any of the boxes we unwrapped, and it took hours and hours to fix. Great help, guys. Over all, the cabinets look nice, but every time I see the plastic clips I grind my teeth. It shouts "CHEAP" He countered with "Even KraftMaid has these plastic clips, and it's an upgrade." Final thought, don't do business with American Woodmark. I'm still so disappointed with my new $14,000 cabinets.
ST
Was this review helpful to you? 13 4

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.