American Woodmark Poor Quality
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I purchased two American Woodmark base cabinets, a 36" sink base and a 24" drawer cabinet, including upgrades, for the bath vanity for a bath remodel. Through Home Depot.

On the American Woodmark site, they advertise 7-10 day shipping. My order took twice as long as their slowest delivery time, three times the fastest. From order date to first pickup availability at Home Depot was 24 days, pushing a month.

The cabinets arrived not as specified: they were not 3/4 plywood, and they were not full plywood. I did not get what I ordered. Now I get another 30 days without a bath, nor a kitchen (my granite installers are very affordable but charge for a second installation, if I have to split the bath install from the kitchen install.)

The cabinets arrived with construction defects.

The 36" sink base, one entire corner, was not glued together. Had I picked it up by that corner when unpacking, it would have fallen apart. The cabinet also displayed defects in corner biscuit application. Triangular housing biscuits were installed with one one of the sides only very partially inserted in its opposing receiver slot.

On the 24" drawer cabinet, the same defect in construction was exhibited. The triangular housing biscuits didn't even reach the opposing side of the corner and was completely out of its slot. The middle drawer facing was wrongly assembled off the drawer box. It leans out from the face. (It is not a slide adjustment.)

Some part of the error, the order errors, the failed upgrades, may belong to Home Depot. But not sure how much. The first week of attempting to resolve, well, was full of deflection, getting passed around from the store unit to customer service then back to the store unit. Half a dozen emails not responded to. Three store visits with no news or responsible parties not in.

The primary upgrade, to full 3/4" plywood,

RV
Was this review helpful to you? 7 5

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.