Do not buy Omega Dynasty painted cabinets
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I ordered the Omega Dynasty, with Shaker doors and slab-front drawers, installed January 2015. I chose Omega because I couldn't find any other cabinet with the Portobello color. Not even four years later I am regretting this decision. The cabinets look great, however, have several fatal flaws. The Shaker frame is not beveled. Therefore, water and moisture roll down the inset panel and collect in the frame, causing warping and bubbling of the painted finish. Even the flat-front drawers collect moisture, causing drip-size warps along the bottom. This is unacceptable. Even though we wipe the cabinets after cooking and washing dishes, kitchens are WET. Cabinets must be designed to withstand moisture. Furthermore, every edge of every cabinet door is showing chips and wear, exposing the wood under the paint. We don't have pets or small children, so there is not anything unusually intense about our use of the kitchen.

The company (Masterbrand) is standing behind their cabinets and has replaced most of the affected drawer fronts and doors. However, the cabinet box frames are also showing considerable wear (even cracks in sink base), and those cannot be replaced. Again, this is unacceptable for a premium priced product after less than four years of average use.

Ironically, I purchased a less-expensive Masterbrand cabinet (Thomasville) from Home Depot for my bathroom vanity. Also painted Shaker style, but with beveled frames and mitered drawers. No signs whatsoever of paint wear, chipping or warping.
G
Was this review helpful to you? 22 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
December 11, 2021
The problem with customers reviewing products that they don't know anything about is that their expectations are often unrealistic because they aren't based on knowledge, just feelings.

Our company does not carry Omega but all painted finishes on all painted cabinetry is easily damaged by water. In fact, the paint (conversion varnish) used by Thomasville and Omega is most likely the identical. Beveling the outside frame of the shaker door would also not help the situation because all beveled door styles are not total bevels but have clipped corners and so the water would still collect in the seam between the door frame and the center panel. And center panels are never glued, they float in the door frame, so water will enter the seam in every cabinet brand.

Don't blame the cabinet brand because you are messy. No cabinet company will replace cabinetry damaged by water.
PM
Paul McAlary
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.