You get what you pay for
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I purchased a 12-14 units of cabinetry with plywood construction and laminate finish, in summer 2013, through Home Depot. There was no problem with the delivery. Everything I ordered arrived with no damage. The cabinets looked well when installed. After four years, I began to see minor telltale signs of delamination in the corners of some doors. Now, at five years, I can see (and feel) that the laminated finish has completely pulled away from the door facing. (I can press it with my finger and feel a void over the entire door.) These cabinets have not had hard usage, and have been cleaned carefully with mild cleaners.
The cabinets exhibiting the most delamination are above and to the side of the stove. However, with a pot of boiling water on the stove, when I put my hand on the closest part of the cabinet, I feel almost no warmth. I have never wanted to test the self-cleaning feature of my oven for fear the high heat would affect the lower cabinets on either side, and I'm now glad I have never put this to the test!
Although I say that 'you get what you pay for', I supposed I'd like to think that the lamination would be more sturdy for at least 10 years.
Also, my cabinets are light color, and I would not recommend this for a busy household with children. The finger marks and grime do not easily come off. I don't typically use harsh cleaners such as Fantastic, but even when I tried it, it still took a bit of rubbing.
They are definitely affordable ... but in my experience with most things, there is a real tradeoff in quality.
LH
Was this review helpful to you? 7 5

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.