Poor Quality
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

After making the difficult and expensive decision to remodel our master bath, my wife and I were directed to ProSource Cincinnati for cabinets, granite and tile. The following details the numerous issues we experienced in our dealings with Diamond Cabinets.

After explaining that we would like a higher-end cabinet, my wife and I were directed to the Diamond line of cabinets and selected a Cherry cabinet with an expresso finish. We purchased an 8-foot vanity and a floor-to-ceiling custom-designed pantry style cabinet.

The cabinets arrived damaged, which isn’t necessarily a Diamond issue aside from the fact that the delivery agent consisted of one person to handle several large cabinets.

A base cabinet was damaged on the bottom right corner – looks like handling damage as opposed to something that left the factory damaged.

Upon installation we noticed that one of the pantry doors had a nick at the top of the door and several wood defects (a groove in the wood) at eye level.

The top two doors of the pantry cabinet were a different sheen or different grain than the cabinet they sit on. Immediately obvious to anyone who looked at the doors.

The front frame of the pantry cabinet isn’t square as the bottom left corner shows the raw wood of the side panel.

Virtually every drawer (except two) of the vanity has a flaw, each of the four under-sink doors has a flaw.

The Diamond Sales Representative for this area came to my home to review the cabinets and agreed to replace doors and drawers and then have a furniture refinisher come to correct any remaining minor defects.

At this point, no one seems to be able to locate our replacement parts and we are left hanging. Of course, ProSource has been paid as well as Diamond.

Folks, do yourself a favor and stay away from this manufacturer. Nothing here but poor craftsmanship and no one willing to own an issue to resolve the problem. A letter to Diamond senior management went unanswered.
MC
Was this review helpful to you? 21 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
October 06, 2018
Hi, I also pull my trigger to go with Lowe's on Diamond prelude series. I spent much time on their website and their spec, i picked the sizes of all the cabinets too. I am wondering why would everybody said the quality is bad while they offer limited life-time warranty. I watched their marketing video which are very impressive. I don't mean you were not telling the truth, but I wish Diamond cabinets are not that bad. Thanks.
LT
Lucia Tam
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.