Stay AWAY From
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT AND WOODMARK. 14 Cabinets out of an order of 19 cabinets were damaged. Only 3 were damaged from shipping. The rest were extremely, extremely poor workmanship. No, lie it looked like they were built by a bunch of mentally challenged individual and I regret saying that because it's an insult to mentally challenged people. Cabinets were delivered on 12/20/17. I took the following 10 days off, so I could install them. Now not only can I not install them, we were left without a kitchen during Christmas and New years. Also, I lost all this time off and would need to take more time off when they get replaced in order to complete this. We contacted Home Depot and Woodmark. They tell us because of how bad they messed up, there is no way they can expedite them and it will be 3 to 5 weeks for replacements but they have to have rep come out and look at the cabinets first. Then they assigned it to a rep that was on vacation. so several days go by, we have to contact them again. Mind you I do not have a kitchen as it was torn down in preparation for the new cabinets. Finally they re-assign to someone else. And this person states they are going to send replacement parts and I would be responsible for taking the damaged cabinets apart and then putting them back together with the new parts. Completely ridiculous. I have asked on multiple occasions what Home Depot and Woodmark are going to do to make it right. As my family of five have had no kitchen and it has cost us even more money and aggravation because of their incompetence. I asked for them to send someone out and install them as I shouldn't be made to lose time off that I had dedicated for Family events, in order to install these because of their mess up. WoodMark has ignored all my requests for making the situation right for the customer. They just say "Sorry for the inconvenience". very insulting. Home Depot refuses to discuss any compensation until the new cabinets are in and installed and the project is done. So in other words, they want to guarantee that they dont have to send someone out to install them and even if they dont satisfy me, I will be stuck with the cabinets because once they are all installed, I would then need to uninstall them to return them. Real nice. So not only did they create a huge issue for me. Inconvenience me, Cause monetary, emotional stress and a huge inconvenience, now Home Depot is basically doing everything on their terms and they dont care that a customer is left hanging on, without a kitchen and with no path to any resolution. They just want to make sure they cover their own behinds by making sure I have very little recourse if they dont do what is needed to make this right. Home Depot is being very insulting, inconsiderate and self serving. All they care about is their bottom line and minimizing their liability, rather than trying to make it right for the customer. Very poor indeed. Lowes has my business from now on.
M
Was this review helpful to you? 12 6

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
December 28, 2018
Did you ever get this resolved? We are having the same issue right now, down to the timing and the required time off we took to install everything. Wondering if we can just return the whole order and go with kraftmaid instead.
J
Jacquelyn
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.