Durable, long lasting
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We used HomeCrest cabinetry in our new kitchen back in 1987, so this review is for 30 year old cabinets. We installed the Ash wood door front cabinets (frames are unknown wood and sides are particle board) but not Ash). The cabinets look like Oak with a golden finish. I have to say that the door finish has held up incredibly well, with no staining or water marks or fading, chipping or peeling. All door hinges are still aligned and working perfectly. All cabinets and draws close properly after three decades of use in an active home. These cabinets have withstood wear and tear and any abuse from my two active sons since they were infants to adulthood.

The only issue I have had with these cabinets is near the stove. The side panels are fiberboard and have begun to flake on the bottom side edges, due to cooking steam, I assume. So, it is probably wise to seal the end cuts on the bottom sides of the cabinets near the stove to prevent flaring due to steam and heat. I intend to place thin pieces of wood over the exposed side panels.. Other than that small issue, the cabinets have held up very, very well.

Although I desire a kitchen renovation, I just cannot seem to part with these cabinets, but want a different look, so I am going to paint them. Hence, finding this web site to locate more matching cabinets to paint.

I would buy these cabinets all over again, no doubt about it.
K
Was this review helpful to you? 10 0

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.