Customer service is lacking
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I worked with Home Depot to order some cabinets from American Woodmark for a small kitchen remodel of my mother-in-law's cabin. We were told that if the cabinets were shipped to the store that there would be no extra charge but if we had them shipped to a home address it would be an additional $250. We asked if the cabinets could be drop shipped to a Home Depot closer to the cabin as we live a fair distance from the cabin and were working with the Home Depot in our area. That would make it much easier for us to get them up to the cabin and I really did not see any difference in whether the cabinets were shipped to one Home Depot or the other.

The individual at Home Depot that we were working with was good enough to call American Wookmark and ask if it was possible to do what we were requesting without being charged the $250 additional fee. They were told that yes, it was possible but that they would need to get permission from the other Home Depot that would be receiving the order. Another call was made to the management of the other Home Depot and they graciously accepted to work with us and receive the order.

Three days later I received a call from Home Depot saying that American Woodmark would not do as we requested without charging the additional $250. Wanting to understand the reasoning behind the change my wife called American Woodmark and was told that it must be Home Depot that changed their stance and that she would call and find out. When she finally called my wife back she indicated that it wasn't Home Depot that had changed their stance but was actually American Woodmark. She would not provide any explanation as to why that was the case and what difference it made by shipping to a different store rather than the one ordered from.

All in all a very disappointing experience. My only hope is that the cabinets are better than the customer service. I fear I may be disappointed again though.
D
Was this review helpful to you? 5 3

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.