(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I have read several of the reviews regarding the American Woodmark cabinets along with the Home Depot remarks. To qualify my comments, I am a Home Depot Kitchen Designer. I have designed many kitchens for my customers and the cabinet vendor I start with is the American Woodmark line. The reason is they offer more quality and value at a better price point. I know some of you may be thinking, he is biased, he works at Home Depot, he has to say positive things about American Woodmark. Not true, let me give you an example.

When customers come in looking for a faucet and I ask them if it going to be used for everyday use, I tell them to consider any other brand except Glacier Bay and Pegasus, both are our brands. Why, because of the feedback that I have received from other customers. Glacier Bay and Pegasus are great for toilets and vanity tops, but not as much for an every day use faucet.

I would provide my customers the same feedback on cabinets if it were true, but in my professional opinion, American Woodmark offers customers a choice on construction, door style, and finish that is in line with their budget. Ashland is at the low end in a thermofoil and also a painted finish. Savanah is at the high end in a stain or painted finish. I ask my customers what their budget is so I can help them get the kitchen they want and still be within their means.

Some of the complaints were related to quality and construction. All of their cabinets start out as standard construction which means a solid hardwood face frame and door front,for the most part, with furniture board for the sides and shelves. I say for the most part meaning if a thermofoil door was selected then the door front would be an MDF profile with a thermofoil finish. If customers want to upgrade to a ply side or all ply construction, American Woodmark offers that option too.

Did you know, through American Woodmark, if you have 10 cabinets or more you have a choice, depending on the door style, of getting either the All-Ply construction or premium finish for free!!! I have one kitchen now where that amounts to about $3500.00 off for choosing the premium finish, Linen, on a Reading door style. In all my customer is saving about $4700.00 with their order through American Woodmark. The other vendors we carry have other incentives too, but nothing close to what American Woodmark has to offer. On top of the vendor promotions, our Buy More Save More store promotion is also saving that same customer another $6000.00!
That's over $10,000.00 on one kitchen order.

When I hear you get what you pay for, I say you are absolutely right! You are paying for a product that offers choice and selection. As you pick roll out trays, crown molding, unique cabinet options, and pantry cabinets your order will reflect those choices. I know this first hand in our store, if there is ever any issue related to our products or services, we take care of our customers. I can say this with confidence because I have seen our store and company step up to resolve issues when they have been brought to our attention.

New Years eve for 2014, 6pm to 8pm, I spent at a customer's home following up on an install issue with a shower door that was not installed by Home Depot. But, because they had purchased their kitchen and bathroom from Home Depot, I felt obligated to ensure that their concern was properly addressed. I spent about two hours taking the doors apart and rebuilding them correctly. In the end they doors worked properly and my customer was very happy with the service provided.

I am letting you know that Home Depot does care about the products and services provided to you, our customer. I apologize on behalf of those associates, vendors, and others that have not lived up to your valid expectation of excellence. I hope your future projects will include considering Home Depot and vendors like American Woodmark as companies and people that genuinely care about you, our customer.

Respectfully,

Brent
Kitchen Design
The Home Depot
B
Was this review helpful to you? 37 4

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.