(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I purchased 15 American Woodmark cabinets from Home Depot in 2007; the wood was maple and stain natural. The finish is even on all the faces, and while there are some darker marks on the wood, I think they are to be expected with a natural wood product. I purchased crown molding and leaded glass inserts as upgrades.

One cabinet base arrived with the frame completely cracked; doors on two other cabinets were not square. We had to reorder these pieces, delaying our construction by about 3 weeks.

The drawer hardware takes up too much space, leaving the drawers much narrower than I'd like. I built an island with two base cabinets; I wish I had used just one wide cabinet with one wide drawer on top. The two small drawers on the two cabinets are simply not wide enough for me.

My 30" sink base does not have a center support piece on the front of the frame; instead, one of the doors has a piece of 1/4" wood extending out to cover the space between the two doors. It looks cheap and means you have to close one door before the other.

By far, the worst problem has been the hinges. On the two most commonly used doors, the hinges have broken several times and constantly need tightening and adjustment. Each time I call, the company quickly sends a replacement hinge, but because this is a vacation rental property, I really can't tolerate broken doors. I see that the hinge model I purchased is now discontinued; I hope the newer ones are sturdier.

I cannot recommend this cabinetry. Quality control is terrible, delaying construction. My kitchen looks great, but it requires too much maintenance.
C
Was this review helpful to you? 12 1

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.