(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Just read some of the reviews on the cabinet finish and would like to comment on just how poor the finish is and how poor the customer service response is from Kemper and the dealer we purchased from. We purchased our cabinets approximatel a year ago from a dealer that we have dealt with before and have had good luck with them. We had shopped around for cabinets and found that Kemper had offered all of the upgrades that we were looking for at very competitive prices. We wanted to have white cabinets and we were assured by our dealer rep that Kemper has very good quality paint finishes on their product. We ordered all wood construction cabinets in maple with all of the bells and whistles. Needless to say, the price tag was substantial, but we felt this was worth it with all of the assurances we received.

We ordered the cabinets and received them in April 2013. When we received them, we checked all of them out to be sure they were what we ordered and in good condition. There were several of the doors that had poor paint jobs on them. Several you could see the wood grain through the paint, some had bubbles and blistering in the paint, there we several with black specks on the surfaces, and most of the doors had paint missing at every corner. The worst was a 4" crack on the inside of the front panel of one of the drawers. We called the dealer and the rep came and looked at them and conceded that we needed to have them replaced. A couple of months later, we received about 1/4 of the number of items needed and all of them were defective. We refused them and contacted the dealer again. At this point in time, we had not installed the cabinets yet because we were still in the construction phase. In August, we installed the cabinets and had still not received the new doors. We contacted the dealer again and the owner of the dealership came to our house to check them out. He agreed that we needed 21 doors and a complete cabinet and wrote everything down. He contacted Kemper and they agreed to replace these items. Long story short, when the new doors came in (there were 21 items on list), only 9 were able to be used and after installation, 6 of these were found to be defective.

Kemper was contacted by me in November and one of their reps called and came to my place to check out the items. He agreed that they had "fallen down" on the quality of the paint and agreed to have them replaced. I had not heard from him by Christmas, so I contacted him and he stated the the factory was shut down for the holidays and he had asked to have the items donw after the new year so he could oversee the process and make sure all items were done in the same timeframe. At the end of January, we were contacted by the dealer that the items were in and we set up an appointment to have them installed. On the day of the installation, I called the dealer to be sure they were coming and they confirmed. I proceeded to remove the handles from the cabinets,but received a call shortly afterward that the dealer had not received all of the pieces and Kemper had told them not to install any of the items until all of them had been received.

I was very upset over this because we are now 10 months into this and this is the 5th attempt to get this resolved. I called the rep from Kemper and still have not heard back from him. I sent a communication to Kemper and received an e-mail back that they had asked the rep to contact me and that they were turning this matter over to their Consumer Affairs department in hopes that the problem could be resolved. We still have not heard back from Kemper as to the next step. This is very poor customer service and as I stated in my communications to them, I feel that I was just another sale to them and that once the sale was done, I was forgotten about and they did not care what happens as long as they had my money.

If I had my option, I would pull all of the cabinets off the wall and send them back. Very discouraged and disappointed at this time. Will not recommend Kemper or consider ordering from them again.
AS
Was this review helpful to you? 17 3

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.