(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I've sold Decora cabinets for over 15 years as a private dealer & I feel I have to address these reviews.

Decora is a very nice cabinet line with outstanding customer service & a fantastic reputation in the industry. Their finishes are the best you can get (solvent based conversion varnish) & the quality control is normally excellent.

The other reviews all have several things in them that concern me. 1st off if your buying your cabinets from one of the big box stores your selling yourself short. Right off the top you're going to pay 10-25% more for your cabinets than you will at a private dealer. That's because the price they pay for the cabinets is substantially higher than Decora charges a private dealer. Secondly HD's Decora selection is a watered down version of what a private dealer has access to & finally your "designer" was probably selling hardware before they took their 2 week "design" class. A private dealer designs kitchen for a living oftentimes for many many years & knows what their doing.

The review that speaks about the delivery being late, finished sides being incorrect, micro cabinet being the wrong size (designer should have checked micro specs prior to ordering the cabinet) etc. those issues are on the designer period. Decora sends you what you order. They also send a confirmation to be checked off prior to production to ensure there aren't any mistakes. Shame on the designer that sends in an order & doesn't check their confirmation! Additionally their lead times are rock solid. If I call for an estimated delivery date they have always been accurate to within a couple of days either way.

Lastly if you are experiencing finish issues that can only mean your using cleaners on your cabinets. With a conversion varnish all you need is some very mild soapy water & a soft rag. Abrasives, chemicals & heavy cleaners will wreck the finish & void your warranty. That being said most private dealers will take care of that as a warranty issue & just educate you on what to use to clean them.

Lastly to the reviewer that complained of warping & swelling after "over time splashing of water" all I can say is over time water will wear down a rock! We're talking about wood & extended exposure to moisture is going to cause it to, yep you guessed it...warp & swell!
D
Was this review helpful to you? 73 12

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account?
November 24, 2016
Your reply is not sufficient. If Decora has a great product, it doesn't matter where it came from. This brand "looks" beautiful but the quality sucks. We installed these beautiful looking cabinets but I got concerned when I saw splintering under one of my top cabinets because some molding was attached. I understand you would probably blame that on the carpenter. But I see a small gouge on the face on another cabinet and I thought of filling it in with wood filler. But today when I took all of my dishes out of the top cabinet for Thanksgivlng I noticed the bottom shelf if warped both on top and underneath. After having these cabinets for 20 months, my concerns are valid and unfortunately increasing.
T
Teenarouse
February 18, 2018
I like to comment on Don's post. I am in the middle of a battle between HD and Decora about a refund that I've have requested due to the quality of Decora's cabinets. I'm on my 3rd reorder ( I had to stop them there) and its always the same issue. Paint and bows in the frame of the cabinet. Damage is another problem. I have the ultra white and again it appears they do not use enough paint. The maple color of the wood comes through making the cabinet appear PINK and dirty. These are new cabinets where no such cleaner or anything else has touched them. Some still in the box!! The flats of the fronts are ok but the sides of the box and door sides are like over spray is good enough for a finish. Unacceptable! Even the company representative came out to inspect and acknowledged this by offering a cabinet/furniture refinisher come out to redo the sides. Again Unacceptable! I can ONLY comment on my WHITE cabinets. Maybe another color is better. It appears that the base cabinets are better than the uppers but certainly not up to par for a high end semi custom cabinet. It also seems like this company just can't do it and will keep sending you replacement cabinets till you just submit to sub par craftsmanship. The landfills must love Decora and Maple trees better run and hide.
F
Frank
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.