Review Detail

Kitchen Cabinets
This is not the cabinet company it once was..
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I went with Canyon Creek for my kitchen cabinets because they were local and had a good reputation. Given my experience, I have to advise against anyone using them right now.

They are having horrible quality control and production issues and one out of every two of my cabinets had something wrong with them. As the contractor and I unboxed them, the joke became that they only thing that they got right was the color. Some were minor issues (ex. paint) but most were head-scratching/how-did-this get-shipped errors like cabinets built upside down or doors mounted on the wrong side. There were cabinets that were supposed to be drawers had doors. The shaker front drawers had slab fronts. The Upper shelf bracket holes were drilled at different levels (a real issue since they were open/glass front). The list was long but what was even more disppointing is how they responded to the errors.

We were told we could reject them and wait an additional 12 weeks for new cabinets (which would have resulted in pushing all our sub-contractors and the project in total back - mind you we were a full remodel and down to the studs at this point) or they would just send us replacement parts to install ourselves. After a price analysis, I decided the labor of the reworking was cheaper than waiting 12 weeks and losing my sub-contractors and having to delay the project which meant extending rental agreements, etc. Little did I know that it would mean that I would be waiting an additional 6 MONTHS for the random drawer fronts and panels and components to come trickling in without rhyme, reason or any communication from Canyon Creek.

All we were told when we emailed or called was there were "production issues". And because they required 100% of the payment up front, there was no recourse to hold back final payment.

It honestly breaks my heart to write a review like this for a local company that had such a good reputation with such solid product in the past. I have come to understand talking with some insiders that they are under "new leadership" and have automated their production so it is not the hand-crafted cabinets of pre-2020.

Buyers beware!
K
Was this review helpful to you? 1 1

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.