Terrible Company
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

American Woodmark cabinets are garbage, including everything from materials to quality control. 2023 saw us endure a nine-month ordeal to get the kitchen cabinets we paid for, though in the end, not the originally selected design. The most critical problem was that approximately 50% of the doors on our upper cabinets came warped. The doors were bowed up to 1/8” in the center. When you have this complete lack of quality control on a corner cabinet, you get a very noticeable hour-glass shadow. The same is true for the end cabinets, you see an arc shaped shadow between the door and the cabinet. Home Depot design staff throughout the process was helpful, and they immediately ordered replacement doors. Then the new doors came… and they also were warped. So, Home Depot order another set. At this I point began bringing the doors, still boxed/sealed, down to the store so Home Depot staff could observe that the doors were coming straight from the factory warped. This went on until we finally gave up after four sets of replacement doors. According to Home Depot staff, American Woodmark insisted the replacement doors were being inspected prior to shipment, an obvious lie. At the end the American Woodmark Rep allegedly told Home Depot staff that is just the way it is, and warped doors are within the design tolerances. At his point Home Depot paid for replacement doors for all of our upper cabinets, of a different design (but same finish), as it was clear that American Woodmark was incapable of manufacturing doors that were flat, and that they would not stand behind their products.

Secondary to the ninth month ordeal described above, was the quality control/shoddy assembly of the lower cabinets (which were of a different design/finish from the upper). I had to completely remount several of the drawer faces. The hardware as designed/used allows for slight adjustments to counter expected settling during transit. In our case, the assembly was so sloppy, and so far out of plum that I had to remove the faces and the hardware. Then remount everything with the brackets shifted up and in new holes. We used American Woodmark back in 2016, and everything was fine. Prior to this current house/kitchen I saw that many reviews were now very critical, but I foolishly ignored them. Stay away from this company- they are garbage and you will regret it. I can’t imagine how mush worse this would have been if we had a contractor doing the install… as we would have been paying extra labor for everything.

And again, Home Depot staff was very helpful through the ordeal, and always had our back. Especially since they repeatedly saw how shoddy the product was each time we unboxed a new set of doors, hoping that they would be flat.
N
Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.