Please read before purcahsing
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I really wish I'd read more about these cabinets before spending $25,000 for a home remodel. We purchased from ProSource in Dallas and were assured these were very nice quality cabinets suitable for a house we're remodeling that will sell in the $750k range. I haven't stopped crying since they arrived.

Most of the cabinets are not even square, paint is peeling off, particle board is crumbling, some cabinets were split, etc. We've had to replace most of them a couple of times, so good on Masterbrand for a warranty. I am stunned at how shoddy these cabinets are. We've had several installers out to look at them and they've all said the same thing. These are not even semi-custom cabinets. They're like something a bad shop class would bang out.

I can't believe they're made in the US. We went out of our way to make sure we didn't buy cabinets from China, but now I'm wondering if the quality would have been better. The problem, as I see it, is that we could have purchased custom cabinets for 75% of what we paid ProSource and gotten quality. We thought we were getting quality based on what the kitchen designer said. We wanted a reputable dealer and cabinet brand in case there were any problems.

I guess they can sell you anything and then send a really crappy product back and you have no recourse really. They'll replace them, but you just get crap for crap. We've already missed our selling deadline because we had to have certain cabinets replaced multiple times. At best, one installer told us, they were 5-year cabinets.

We were told there is no way to get your money back so they can sell you what they call quality and send you something that's not. We are currently in the process of seeking legal help because it's not right that you buy an expensive product only to have a defective one delivered with no recourse.
KT
Was this review helpful to you? 19 1

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
Already have an account?
October 03, 2018
Wondering the outcome if you did seek legal counsel. We are contemplating doing it ourselves. Paid a lot, got crap=disgusted!!!
J
Jenny
January 14, 2019
Do you know if you ordered your cabinets with particle board as opposed to solid wood construction? We have a quote for Kemper cabinets from Prosource right now and there are two choices. We have chosen solid wood cabinets which is a step up from the particle board construction. We have not placed our order yet as I am reading reviews that have me concerned. It is my understanding all brands make different levels of cabinets. We think we are ordering their higher end. But would love to hear what you have to say as we too have a nice home that we want to make sure we select the right cabinets.
S
Susan
February 10, 2019
We were also about to place an order with Prosource.. that is, until we saw all these reviews.. our designer has been wonderful, I was planning to do most of the install myself.. but the has us concerned..
We've spent hours with the designer working on the plans.. it's depressing, but we're on hold trying to figure out if we should move forward w/this company.
JK
Joe Krall
March 13, 2019
In reply to an earlier comment

Mine were just delivered and my contractor has halted installation, because they are all damaged in one way or another. They are terrible, I’m sick to my stomach. Purchased from ProSource. They’re way too expensive to be this bad.
JC
Jill Carder
4 results - showing 1 - 4
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.