Thermofoil
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I purchased Kraftmaid from Loew's several years ago. My delivery was perfect as was installation. When the thermofoil started coming off...kraftmaid sent and installed replacements. It happened again and they replaced several cabinets again. After that, and several years later Kraftmaid called me and stated they "discovered the issue with the adhesive" related to the thermofoil and wanted to replace all my cabinets fronts...and they did....43 to be exact. 3 years later the thermofoil is coming off again. Needless to say this was an expensive kitchen and when I purchased my cabinets... I was told they were kitchen cabinets by Lowe's and Kraftmaid. Now I am being told by Kraftmaid...it is a heat source that causes the damage...like an oven, stove or toaster. They will send me replacements but I have to pay for installation. So...I guess they will sell a defective product even though they are aware of the problem. I believe they should have been honest at the time of purchase...I believe they should install the replacements that I need...but they expect me to pay for the install even though they know it is defective. I guess I will be looking forward to a life of replacing cabinets...thought I would not have anything to do in my retirement years. I am really disappointed as I love my cabinets. Up to this point I felt Kraftmaid was a pretty good company...not so much anymore.
B
Was this review helpful to you? 24 3

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
March 26, 2017
Did your designer provide you with a heat shield for installation of the cabinets next to the stove? If not that was the designers fault.
E
exnuyorker
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.