(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

We bought a house with a Woodmode kitchen that dates from - wait for it - the 1970's. The finish is still perfect. The hinges are still strong. The doors are still perfectly in place. The drawer features (for pots and pans, silverware and cookware) are still robust and are the same design as more modern kitchens. No, it does not have soft close doors, nor fancy crown molding, Yes the color is out of date and the door panel shape is too. BUT,OMG, this kitchen is still going strong! So, I went to our local Woodmode supplier and found out that they can still match the existing wood color, they can customize, move around, swap out and replace with new all of the existing units if I want to make changes to the layout. I can get toekick valances, new panels, and have additional cupboards added to the existing ones. So I am keeping the floor cabinets and getting them updated, changing out the wall cabinets for a different color, and moving around the double oven, sink and dishwasher. AWESOME. And if I decide after, what, another 10,20,30 40 years I want to change out the bottom cabinets for newer ones - I CAN!!! If you want a kitchen that will basically work with you forever, then this is the one for you. If you want a kitchen you can update, customize and ring the changes with, then this is the brand for you. I'll let oyu know what it looks like when its done!
CT
Was this review helpful to you? 19 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account?
February 25, 2015
Great! Our present home has Wood-Mode cabinetry in it that's 30+ years and still works wonderfully! We are now in the process of building a new home and I want Wood-Mode because of this! Great to hear someone else loves these too and that they offer to update cabinets many years later.
L
Leah
July 19, 2019
Clare Thorp,
I loved your letter because I purchased Wood Mode Brookhaven cabinetry as I remembered the advertisements from the 1970s. It was the only name I knew. My cabinets were installed in 2012, of course, too soon for them to show signs of failure. Brookhaven had many plus points offered: quiet close doors and drawers are standard; interior drawer features are available regardless of cabinet depth; the color block samples at the showroom were provided free to keep once I ordered the cabinets so I could carry them to the paint center and tile center.
As far as your cabinetry lasting, I believe a kitchen cabinetry should last 50 years ore more. My cupboard built with my house 1914 had one drawer failure in 2009. All i had to do was glue it back. If that cupboard could last that long so should quality cabinetry. I agree wholeheartedly with your letter.
MK
MRENEE KENT
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.