(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Our Medallion kitchen cabinets are 7 years old and we paid over 40,000 for them. The garbage can drawer mechanism needs to be repaired or replaced, and the paint is chipping on several of the cabinet faces that get wet a lot, especially the garbage drawer. The company that installed our cabinets is out of business, so I contacted another Medallion rep in our area. He was kind enough to contact Medallion for us since you cannot seem to contact them directly, but he never got a response. After 5 or 6 weeks we got tired of waiting and told the rep we have to address this now. He gave a us a name and number at Medallion, but apparently it's someone in the finance department. She did not respond to the two voice mails my husband left for her, so I guess we are at a dead end. I am extremely disappointed in this company. I wish I had it to do over again, and if I did I would choose another company. The cabinets look beautiful from a distance but the wear and tear on the paint (White Chocolate) up close is pretty bad. If they had just called us back with some suggestions on what to do, I probably would not be writing this negative review.
GT
Was this review helpful to you? 23 7

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
Already have an account?
March 18, 2016
Based on your review I decided to call the company directly to see if I could make contact with them and get questions answered. While factory customer service said they like their retail customers to use their retail sellers to address or attempt to address problems directly that if the retail sellers don't handle problems or resolve them that their regional reps can be contacted and used to address problems. The manufacturer is accessible 1-800-476-4181, their customer service rep did field questions about warranty claims, handling policy, and asked me if I needed a name of a local dealer to me to get a bid or service from. What they didn't do was offer any explanation or comment about my observation that negative reviews here about the company seem to have been posted in 2014 and positive reviews have been in prior years, 2011 for example. I made the comment that perhaps 2014 was a bad or unusual year for them in some way, but no comment was forthcoming from them on that point. Additionally they had nothing to say to address my concern about picking the right company to purchase cabinets from, seeing that I'm the one to have to make a one-shot choice as to manufacturer, and it would be nice to get some kind of assurance about their belief in the company's ability to deliver a quality product/service at these particular price points, the rep was totally silent on the subject. While any company has problems and some companies have ongoing issues that they are fighting or not fighting it would be useful to us potential customers if people would take the time to come forward even after coming here to make a complaint to follow up on how their issues were finally handled. They either persisted in getting their problems addressed and resolved or ultimately gave up and removed the products and went on to something else or are just living with and making do with what they purchased.
J
John
April 02, 2018
it does not matter who you buy your cabinets from, the painted products will fail if they are exposed to water extensively.
K
karin
October 14, 2018
We as well have the white chocolate finish. It started almost immediately having problems and I was sent a paint kit many times. The paint touch up kit doesn’t work well at all. I’ve been very disappointed with these cabinets. My 45 year old Haas cabinets were better.
M
Michele
3 results - showing 1 - 3
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.