Review Detail

Kitchen Cabinets
Poor cabinet box construction, chipped shelves.
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I would not buy Kraftmaid cabinets, nor buy them thru Home Depot either. I purchase six cabinets for use in my dining room three base and three wall, they arrived May 13th. The base cabinets were ok, the three wall were not good..I had two dents on the end, but not on the shipping box, so they were shipped this way. All the shelves were chipped like they were cut with a dull blade, one door had a smear in the finish. The biggest problem the top and the bottom of the boxes were stapled in crooked. I didn't notice this until I started to hang them, I went to Home Depot June 9th and told them, I had guests coming for dinner in a week and needed to install them, the cabinet people told me it was ok because they were damaged, defective and what I ordered was not correct either, I had paid from plywood boxes and didn't get them. They told me to take pictures and send them in, I did on June 9th. On June 22nd I sent another e-mail, still no response, I went by the store the next day and asked, they said they will need to contact the Kraftmaid rep, three weeks later they denied the claim because I installed them. I was lied to by Home Depot they told me it was ok, and two of the three cabinets were already up. This has dragged on until this last week of August, I contacted Customer Care, and they went round and round with the store and the Mfg. The cabinets are made wrong is the issue and Kraftmaid does not want to stand by their work, I bought these thinking I was getting quality cabinets and I didn't,when I put my glasses in the cabinets the bottom is bowed 3/8 of an inch from the middle, and the glasses tilt out 1/4" on each side of the cabinet, this is unacceptable. I planned on doing my entire Kitchen with the same cabinets, I am so happy I found out first hand about the quality of Kraftmaid before I spent 23,000 dollars on my kitchen, these were only 1,500 for the wall and 1,600 for the base cabinets, I'm going to pull the wall cabinets out and throw them in the trash. In the mean time I been speaking with Merillat and they are going to be the ones I use for my next kitchen, they even said they can make me new boxes to replace the crappy Kraftmaid ones. Another' interesting thing though Merillat is owned by Masco which also owns Kraftmaid, but the Merillat seem like better quality. The search does go on though, I'm still looking. If anyone wants me to send them pictures of all the defects I have on these three Kraftmaid cabinets I have, let me know. That way you will have proof about the issues I have had, I can even send you all the e-mails and lack of response from Home Depot early on and how this has dragged out three months. I wouldn't want you to make the same mistake as I have, stay away from Kraftmaid, you will not be happy with them.
J
Was this review helpful to you? 13 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account?
October 11, 2017
I have pictures for the issues I have been seeing with Kraftmaid. Out of square and 1/8" tolerances on doors and panels.
JB
Jim Barber
October 22, 2017
Kraftmaid and Merrilat Mastserpiece are made in the same factory!
G
george
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.