Stumped!!!
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I have had these cabinets for over ten years and glad to see I agree with the WARPING problem. Unfortunately, the truth is that solid wood does warp. With that being said, MDF and wood veneers are best for cabinet doors and drawers. This I guess is where buyers should educate themselves before purchasing solid wood products and why so many products are veneered instead. I have no issues with durability, custom options, or finish. I purchased cherry with the darkest stain which I believe is cocoa. The WARPING is an issue, but I do not hold them accountable for that. I simply will not order from them again or any company that sells real hardwood cabinets. My real issue is the divots that Dura Supreme call natural beauty. I disagree that it's natural beauty. If I were the owner I would discard any door or drawer with what I would "not up to standard." I have to say I have never seen a piece of cherry furniture with any natural beauty that looks like a staple was pulled out. The natural beauty in wood is the grain. Knotty pine has beauty marks, but not ones that resemble a staple mark or gouge. My recommendation is to up the standards. Warranty? Not so good.
S
Was this review helpful to you? 10 5

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
March 05, 2018
Real hardwood is unlikely to warp if the doors are correctly built. High quality cabinet doors and drawer fronts should use quartersawn or rift sawn boards for the frames. Unfortunately most companies try to save money and buy cheaper flat sawn material which, contrary to the name, does not stay flat. This is especially a problem now because paint is so trendy. Under paint you have no idea what the grain looks like. Maple is the most common species used for paint grade cabinets. Maple can be a great cabinet wood, but often times the logs are not straight and the grain is funky, leading to warped boards. So yes, MDF or ply is a cheaper way to get cabinets that are less likely to warp, but at DuraSupreme's Crestwood price point warping should not be an issue. It is their fault.
M
Mike
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.