(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I purchased our Merillat cabinets in 2001. They looked good for the first 2 years. After year 3 the finish was pealing near the floor of one of the cabinets. I called Merillat and they sent a "repair" kit consisting of a paint stick an a tiny vial of paint. The problem is the paint is pealing.
By year 7 the hinges on 3 of the cabinets need to be replaced. I found replacement hinges but not from Merillat. At year 12 all of the cabinets are showing wear around the handles and knobs. The finish of some of the knobs has worn off. Lastly at year 15 (today), the front of one of pull out draws fell off. The cabinet front is mounted to the drawer by a particle board plate. This plate tore from the frame just by opening the drawer.
My advise is do not buy these cabinets if you expect long life from a cabinet.
KB
Was this review helpful to you? 23 2

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.