(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Went to Lowes to start a remodel project of the downstairs. Floors, kitchen cabinets, countertop, paint, and lighting. This all started in February 2013 now here at the end of June the floors are finished, paint is finished, even the lighting is done. The American Woodmark cabinets,, still waiting to get things right. We ordered Cherry cabinets with a chocolate glaze, but when the cabinets were hung, the doors, or most have blemishes, cracks, smudges in the glaze, and dark spots. Even noticed saw chatter marks. Reordered the cabinet doors and when the new ones showed up they were as bad as the first.
We had a company rep come to our house trying to tell us the glaze is hand wiped, which looking at the finish did not happen, and also saying that since this is natural wood some blemishes can be expected. We said to send new doors and be sure they are right. Now after three weeks still waiting. Also we had a custom cabinet installed for the pantry. 84"X36"X21" deep built in with 4 slide out drawers. The first drawers were 6" too short so reordering we got 21" deep drawers. This has been going on for 3 months and still do not have the job finished. The price may be right but the quality of the finished product is unacceptable to say the least. I can not understand how a company with this poor quality of workmanship and poor service is still in business. I would never recommend American Woodmark cabinets to anyone, no matter the price.
JC
Was this review helpful to you? 16 3

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account?
April 30, 2014
As a licensed GC of over thirty years I have personally installed hundreds of boxes) over the years of all degrees of quality from high to low.

I totally agree with the comments above.

These cabinets, in Quality Control/ Quality Assurance are below bad!

I have had my latest install, ordered by my clients from Home Depot, have 2 cabinets split apart as there were not sufficient fasteners/glue to keep them together. Also sent wrong brackets for slides.

Absolutely ridiculous that this should happen in this day and age.

AVOID THESE CABINETS AT ALL COSTS OR THEY WILL COST YOU BIG BUCKS AND AGGRAVATION!!!!!
WK
W. KAY
March 09, 2015
Was your cabinets ordered from Lowes or Home Depot?
I thought this was a Home Depot line. Yes I also ordered these from HG and ahve had a lot of problems from design lay out to poor to sub standard construction. I also found out once you sign the designer layout shee that you approve the layout and design any mistakes after that are yours and not HD'S. I also found Made in China Stickers on some of the components of the cabinets. I was also charged $1500 to have the cabinets painted linan which was a standard color and which the designer failed to point out the up charge. After installing the cabinets the paint job was poor, the backsides of the doors and drawers had only one coat of paint and the reveal was not sanded in most cases and you could see the natural wood showing thru. The factory rep came to look and he said it met their specs. There aare also seam cracks showing on front and back. Very poor quality. The construction of the boxes are not all standard. Quality control must be poor at the factory. They, HD and American Woodmark have looked at this and only offered to change out a couple of doors. I wanted them to refund my whole purchase and give them back their "high quality Work" and be done with them or give me 50% credit and call it done. Now I get to live with this and am stuck with the purchase ($13,000+). I will not shop at the HD store I purchased these at nor buy another cabinet from AMERICAN WOODMARK. I sent an e-mail to American Woodmark asking if these cabinets were really made in America or just assembled in America? I would go else where to get my future cabinets.
A
alfred
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.