(Updated: February 18, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

I am a designer and I have owned KraftMaid cabinets for years. While the price is higher than some other semi-custom lines, the value (what you get for what you pay) is amazing! They offer many custom features while maintaining a semi-custom price. As I was reading reviews, it quickly became evident that nearly every negative experience was a direct reflection of the designer not setting correct expectations. For example, one person mentioned that their drawer looks like they have two different finishes. If their designer would have done their job properly, the customer would have known that grain direction has a direct affect on how the stain appears. If they remove their drawer and rotate it 90 degrees, the colors will "magically" change. Another person mentioned "bubbling" in the finish and huge knots. What they didn't mention is that the bubbling is what happens when the doors are sanded by hand. When stain is applied to some types of sanded woods, it causes the grain to stand up. It is especially noticable on cherry, which can also have huge knots. Are you surprised? These are natural wood characteristics which can not be changed. If you want a wood door with little variation, you should choose maple. If you want a finish that has no variation, choose a paint instead of a stain. The bottom line is this: carefully choose a designer, door some research before purchasing a product that costs thousands of dollars, and don't blame KraftMaid because you didn't invest the time to become informed about your purchase.
G
Was this review helpful to you? 47 16

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account?
December 30, 2016
As a designer, I am sure if you sell KM product, you make a commission. Do not insult all of these people that trusted the Kraftmaid name and ended up with unacceptable quality with a "lifetime warranty" that KM won't honor. Make all the excuses you want. I spent a fortune on so-called upscale cabinets from an "independent" cabinet company. I have beautiful wood floors, beautiful counter tops, sinks, and furniture, and cabinets that look like they belong in a barn.
W
wordmaven
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Results per page:

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.