(Updated: February 19, 2016)
Overall rating 

Finish 

Durability 

Warranty 

Custom Options 

Price / Value 

Quality 

Absolutely the worst! We own some investment properties and we have been involved in designing and purchasing well over 40 kitchens but had not used American Woodmark in over 7 or 8 years as their competitors always had the better deal and look for what we wanted to accomplish. We do higher end projects. Why we decided on American Woodmark for our personal home in Florida I will never know! The cabinet quality is the worst EVER! The color is completely off, it is suppose to be espresso, however, it looks like Cherry Java. The doors have spots and lots of blotches, the tops of some of the doors are completely differnt than the bottom half - same door and these blemishes are very noticable with and without the lights on in the kitchen. The cabinets arrived full of scratches, especially the doors and strangely it was on the insides as well as the outsides which was very weird. A couple of the doors do not have finish on the outsides at all. The doors are a completely different color than the inside fronts of the cabinets - which is also rough and it should be smooth. There are blobs of glue all over the insides of the cabinets - just really bad. Trying to get a rep out to look at the issues was another hassle, over two weeks and then they talk to you like you are stupid instead of taking credit for their bad craftsmanship/quality and to add insult to injury they said I was in the wrong because my contractor installed them and even though I was out of the country I was suppose to instruct them to QC them before they put them in! WTH? Come on American Woodmark, your company motto is CITE, are those just empty words or do they really mean something? Company up and take responsiblity for your poor craftsmanship! Save yourself the stress and sadness, go with another company, just as I wish I would have.
C
Was this review helpful to you? 10 5

Comments

Already have an account?

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.

Poll

What is your favorite cabinet brand?

Kitchen Cabinet Information

KitchenCabinetsReviews.com is the best source online for kitchen cabinets reviews. We offer the consumer the ability to leave honest reviews. We have most major brands listed including Kraftmaid, Omega, Cardell, Mid Continent Cabinetry, Thomasville, Merrilat, Welborn, Marsh and many more. One thing is for certain, all of the brands listed on the site manufacture quality kitchen cabinets.

Are you interested in learning about cabinets? We have a learning center that describes different variations of wood that you can buy kitchen cabinets in. We also have a section on how to care for your kitchen cabinets.

We hope that you find the reviews helpful and that your kitchen project works out well.